Registration to Open
This opportunity is open to high school players as well as parents and other adults interested in officiating youth lacrosse games. To become a youth lacrosse official you must be at least 15 years old by April 1, 2024 and be prepared to complete the following items:
- Register with US Lacrosse as an official. In the past this has required a phone call to US Lacrosse membership department at 410-235-6882 X102.
- Take the following on-line -- Official’s Introductory Course before the classroom sessions begin. Bring completion certificate to the 1st class. This is found on the US Lacrosse web site at uslacrosse.org, then Officials, Online Courses, sign in using your user name and password (be sure that you have registered with US Lacrosse as an official), My Courses, then choose Boys or Girls Lacrosse Rules On-line Course.
- Attend the classroom sessions. Classroom sessions will be held on two Sundays, March 3 and March 10, 2024. Attendance on both Sundays is mandatory. Each location will have a classroom for boy’s officials and girl’s official. New officials can choose from one of 3 locations to attend.
- Amherst, NH (Souhegan High School) 9am to 1pm
- Plymouth, NH (The Holderness School) 11am to 3pm
- Exeter, NH (Seacoast School of Technology) 2pm to 6pm
- EACH SITE WILL PRESENT THE SAME CURRICULUM ON MARCH 3RD THEN THE REMAINDER OF THE CURRICULUM ON THE 10TH OF MARCH. THIS ALLOWS A STUDENT WHO MAKES THE 9AM SESSION ON MARCH 3RD TO ATTEND ONE OF THE OTHER SESSIONS ON THE 10th OF MARCH DUE TO PERSONAL SCHEDULING ISSUES.
- Once the classroom sessions are completed new officials must take 2 on-line, open book, exams and pass with an 85% or better. These tests are on-line at US Lacrosse. This will be further explained in class.
- On Sunday March 24 on-field training opportunities will take place at Souhegan High School in Amherst (boys) and West High School in Manchester (girls). Full field training will involve new officials working 3, hour long games in a row with experienced lacrosse officials.
- On Friday night and Saturday March 29 & 30, small field training will take place at the turf fields in Epping, NH. Small field training will involve new officials working three one hour long games in a row with experienced lacrosse officials. New youth officials will only need to attend one day of small field training.
- Completion of both on-field training opportunities will enable new officials to begin accepting games. The 2024 season will begin on April 7, 2024. All games during the season will be played on Sundays.
- Rule Books and other classroom materials will be provided at the first classroom session. New officials should arrive with pen and paper to take notes, water, and a snack.
Click the Officials tab above and select the correct age group. Within the registration you must select Girls or Boys game and the training time and site that will work for you. Guardian information will need to be provided for applicants 18 years of age and younger. Class size will be limited to 25 students and must have a minimum of 10 students.
Attendance is mandatory at all sessions
Additional cost: A full uniform will be required for the on-field training portion. Details regarding the uniform will be explained at the first classroom session.